If you don`t know about the difference between masticating vs centrifugal juicers, so you are welcome and this article is for you!
Centrifugal Versus Masticating Juicers: Comparison Table
|Characteristics||Centrifugal Juicers||Masticating (Slow) Juicers|
|Noise Level||Due to the high-speed RPM’s of the juicer, it can be annoyingly loud.||Operating on masticating juicers is usually silent. Some may have a little noise in them, but not to an extent in which a user is annoyed.|
|Speed||This juicer spins fast, can juice fast, and will deliver in a matter of seconds.||The gears spins way slower than a centrifugal one, but juicing speed is not too far off. It can still produce a drink in a matter of minutes.|
|Pulp||Produces pulps that are still wet, meaning there’s still juice left in them. In short, it has a low juice yield.||Produces very dry pulps, extracting most of the juice in your produce. This means high juice yield.|
|Nutrient Retention||Low nutrient retention due to fast juicing and still wet pulps. Heat that comes from the spinner does not help either.||Most of the nutrients of your produce are extracted, together with its juice. Also, it produces less heat.|
|Functions||It basically is made only for juicing and nothing else.||Different types of models with different of functions. This includes a homogenizer.|
|Foam Level||Produces a decent amount of foam.||Produces a little amount of foam.|
|Preservation of the precious nutrients and enzymes||Nutrients and live enzymes are exposed to oxidation and thus needs to be consumed immediately. Suggested time limit is no longer than 15 minutes.||Preservation of nutrients and enzymes are excellent and can be consumed even up to 72 hours. This is due to its grinding and squeezing method, minimizing oxidation.|
|Processing of Leafy Greens?||They are made to chop, cut and dice. They are not able to squeeze the juice of leafy greens.||Extremely effecting in juicing leafy greens. It is one of the reasons why masticating juicers is made.|
|Processing of Nuts?||Is not able to juice nuts.||Capable of juicing nuts. Some are also made to process nut butters and nut milk.|
|Clean Up||They are usually built large and will often have hard-to-reach places. This makes cleaning difficult and can even make users lose interest in juicing.||They are designed to be decently sized and with fewer parts to clean.|
|Price||They are cheaper. One of the few advantages of Centrifugal juicers.||They use more advanced technology and high grade materials and thus cost more.|
|Warranty||Warranties range from 1 to 3 years.||Warranties can be as long as 15 years, depending on the manufacturer’s policy.|
Centrifugal Juicer Or Masticating Juicer
Define between masticating juicer vs centrifugal juicer what to choose can be frustrating. Here are a few tips to get a head start on your journey to a healthier lifestyle. They’ll help you to make your choice – a centrifugal or masticating juicer.
Choose a masticating juicer if:
- You have the cash and willing to spend extra cash to get the most of your produce.
- You are in some serious medication that needs the purest of juice.
- You want to keep your nutrients and vitamins preserved for as long as 72 hours.
- You are planning on using your juicer to make nut milks, nut butters, green juices, and fresh juice.
- You want to make the most of the different types of produce such as fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and wheatgrass.
- You are planning on juicing for the rest of your life. This is due to the long warranty and more durable materials used for the juicer.
- You or someone in your family is easily annoyed by loud noises.
- You want your juice to have minimal pesticides and other chemicals that may go into your juice when extraction begins.
Choose a centrifugal juicer if:
- You are on a very tight budget but needs to juice for whatever the reason.
- You don’t mind having a machine that is used only as a juicer and no other else.
- You don’t mind having loud noises in your home, office or anywhere you plan on juicing.
- You are inexperienced in juicing and still are trying to find out if juicing is really for you or if not.
- You plan on using wet pulps to add on your recipe to add more flavor and nutrients.
- You are always in a rush and don’t have time to cut, slice and chop the produce. Juicing is also faster with centrifugal making it convenient for you.
- You don’t plan on juicing leafy greens or wheat grass.
- You don’t mind getting the full amount of vitamins and minerals that are in your produce.