The most common question asked when buying a juicer:
What is a masticating juicer and why is it important?
Here are some things you need to know before buying:
Masticating juicers are an upgraded version of centrifugal juicers. They produce more juice and are more nutritious, but more expensive.
Though it may seem too difficult to choose from the thousands of juicers out on the market, we are here to provide you some of the best masticating juicers to help you decide what’s good for you and your home.
Top-Rated Cold Press Juicers
Omega NC900HDC Masticating Electric Juicer
Likes: Some juicers are specially made for fruits, and some are for vegetables. Mega NC900HDC however can do both with great results. It also has a compact design, which makes it easy to clean and conveniently portable. Not to mention, it is made by a well-known brand that manufactures appliances.
Dislikes: The machine is made of mostly plastic, putting its durability into question. You may also experience a few clogs and jams here and there, which is really not that uncommon when dealing with juicers.
- This pressure juicer machine runs at a low speed juicing system with 80 RPM. This minimizes overheating and oxidation, yielding better quality juices.
- It has 5 Adjustable settings you can choose from. It can juice from soft citrus fruits up to tougher products such as wheatgrass.
- It has an auto pulp ejection for continuous juicing.
- It has an easy-to-use and easy-to-clean design, and with an attractive chrome coating.
- Consumer warranty is up to 15 years long, basically guaranteeing you with many years of juicing.
- The machine measures at 14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 inches and weighs only around 17.4 pounds.
With a very high product rating of 92% from over hundreds of customer reviews, you can’t go wrong with Omega NC900HDC. You can juice almost anything from soft fruits to tough veggies and the results would still be high-quality.
Tribest GSE-5000 Cold Press Masticating Juice Extractor
Likes: What makes Tribest GSE-5000 stand out is the innovative technology they put into the machine. It boasts its exclusive magnetic and bioceramic technology that focuses on yielding more juice while preserving its nutrient value. On top of that, it makes use of Twin Gears that grinds and chews fruits and vegetables more efficiently.
Dislikes: The price is a little bit of an issue here, especially with similar products that can offer the same quantity and quality of juice. It does however have a 12 year warranty which makes up for it.
- This slow press juicer runs at a decent 110 RPM using cold press juice extraction. This minimizes oxidation which prevents nutrient degradation.
- The machine uses stainless steel bio-ceramic magnetic twin gears for higher quality juices and eliminating plastic toxins that can contaminate the end product.
- It has a sleek design that’s easy to assemble and easy to clean.
- The package includes homogenizing accessories for you to create nut butters, frozen sorbets, and salsas.
- The product has a 12 year warranty.
- The machine measures at 6.5 x 19 x 12.5 inches and weighs around 24 pounds.
This is one of the many slow masticating juicers that can actually yield high quality juice. Given that the product is manufactured by one of the best brands out there, you can be assured of a high quality masticating juicer.
Nutrihome Slow Juicer Machine
Likes: This machine is a top-rated slow juicer that is just under $200, good for beginners. It is very much affordable and is highly recommended as seen by the many positive reviews by customers. Not only that, it can extract juice from your leafy veggies and soft fruits as much as its expensive competitors.
Dislikes: Some of the pulps can get into the juice, requiring you to use a strainer. Also, setting it up and cleaning afterwards takes a bit of time than we hoped for.
- The machine works in a good slow speed of 80 RPM, keeping the nutrients intact and lowering any heat build-up. It also prevents foaming and clogging that can be difficult to fix.
- It is designed for all types of users with its easy-to-use controls and easy assembly.
- Uses an FDA food grade plastic for a guaranteed high quality nutritious juice.
- The package includes a masticating juicer, a juice cup, a pulp cup, cleaning brush and a user manual.
- Its small compact design and light weight makes it easier for you to clean and carry around.
- The machine measures at 15.1 x 13.5 x 8.2 inches and weighs only around 11.1 pounds.
If you’re looking for the most affordable and at the same time top-rated cold press juicers, there is no better choice than Nutrihome Slow Juicer Machine. With almost a thousand customer reviews, it surpasses most, if not all of its competitors with a product rating of 98%.
Kuvings NJE-3580U Masticating Slow Juicer
Likes: According to the many masticating juicers reviews, Kuvings NJE-3580U is a good juice presser that can yield more juice than most of its competitors. With its juicer masticating system, it also preserves the nutrients that are usually diminished when using low quality machines.
Dislikes: As with other juicers, results may contain a little pulp from time to time. It also may not have the best price in comparison with other low cost slow juicers. It does however have a 5 year long warranty which assures you of several years of juicing.
- Machine has an improved extraction system and auto-feeding design that can make juicing faster and easy.
- It is designed to run at a slow 80 RPM to minimize oxidation and preventing nutrients lose its freshness.
- The package includes 1 juicing nozzle and 6 others for versatility. You can use it to juice, grind, mince, extrude pasta, or crush.
- The machine is made up of hygienic and durable materials, giving it a longer life while maintaining sanitation.
- Has an auto-feeding design for continuous and convenient operation.
- The machine measures at 14.5 x 11.5 x 13 inches and weighs around 17 pounds.
Although it is not a cheap cold press machine as we wanted it to be, it still is a good masticating juicer for leafy greens and fruits. It can produce a decent amount of juice, easy to clean, and preserves nutrients, which is the bottom line if you’re looking to purchase a good juicer.
Hurom HU-100 Slow Press Juicer
Likes: This multi-purpose cold pressed juicer is good for carrots, apples, oranges, celeries and more. It clogs and jams way lesser than its competitors and is yielding 35% more juice than your traditional centrifugal juicers. On top of that, it is easy to clean and easy to set it up.
Dislikes: This juicer somewhat has a narrow feeder, requiring you to chop and cut your produce to little bits, taking more time than usual. Also, there are tiny little pulps mixed in with the juice which is not much that big of a deal for some, but important for those with medical conditions.
- The machine is known for its patented Slow Squeezing Technology that gently squeezes the juice from your produce. This process retains heat-sensitive vitamins such as A, C, and live enzymes.
- It can process fruits, leafy greens, tough veggies, nuts, and soy.
- It has a heavy-duty motor installed for longer lasting life.
- The product comes with a 10 year warranty.
- The machine measures at 9.8 x 6.8 x 15.8 inches and weighs only around 14 pounds.
This juicer is made of good quality but is sadly not friendly on the budget. It does the job better than others mind you. If you’re looking for a machine that’s good for the money, Hurom HU-100 is your best bet. According to one of its review, it’s an almost perfect high-quality juicer.