I think we can all agree:
Juicing leafy greens is not as easy as juicing fruits.
It requires a certain amount of speed, power and design in order to get the most of your produce. The solution is simple, however, but it will cost you.
Get only the best juicers for leafy greens. Not only will it save you the time, it will also save you money in the long run. Remember, they’re not just for leafy greens but fruits and other vegetables as well. Here are some of our picks for you to choose from.
Top-Rated Juicers for Juicing Leafy Greens
Likes: This cheap green juice machine has a very high product rating of 88% and is highly recommended as seen from the many reviews by customers. Lastly, it juices leafy greens better than most masticating juicers.
Dislikes: It operates slow, and thus takes a little time off your schedule. In comparison with the more expensive juicers, it does not work well with very soft fruits such as strawberries, kiwis and grapes.
- The machine is multi-purpose and can extract juice from other produce.
- This masticating juicer makes use of an 80 RPM speed to fully extract the juice and at the same time preserve the vitamins, minerals and live enzymes that exists in your fruits and veggies.
- Has a design that’s easy to assemble and easy to clean. It also is operating at a low noise.
- The product has a limited warranty of 3 years.
- Measures at 17.1 x 13.3 x 9.1 inches and weighs around 11.6 pounds.
Although Aicok Juicer isn’t the best in juicing softer fruits and vegetables, it has the best price and is very reliable when it comes with leafy greens. If you’re to purchase a juicer and planning on using it more on greens and not fruits, then we highly recommend this one.
Likes: This is a budget juicer that can produce more juice and have better quality than most of the masticating juicers out there. It also operates silently and is very sturdy. Finally, the juice extracted can be stored up to 72 hours without losing its quality.
Dislikes: Like most masticating juicers, it has a small feeder tube which requires you to chop your produce before it can be juiced. Also, it is worth mentioning that it juices slow and will require a couple of minutes before getting your juice done.
- It is a masticating juicer that runs at a low speed of 80 RPM to prevent foaming, clogging, jamming, and overheating.
- The machine uses a dual-stage juicing system. This helps yield higher amount of juice and better quality.
- It has an auto pulp ejection for continuous juicing.
- The product has a very long warranty of 15 years.
- Measures at 14.5 x 9.5 x 15.5 inches and weighs around 17.8 pounds.
The brand Omega has been around the industry for a long time now and that can be a little assurance of this product’s credibility. Also, it has been rated 90% from thousands of first-hand customers, and that can only mean that it is working nicely.
SKG Wide Chute Anti-Oxidation Vertical
Likes: Not only is it capable of juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass, it can also juice tough produce such as carrots and beets with ease. It also is noticeable that it produces more juice than vegetable juicers that are made especially for leafy greens and fruits.
Dislikes: There is nothing to dislike about this juicer except it`s difficult to clean. It takes more time than the usual.
- This masticating juicer operates at a very low speed of 60 RPM that squeezes your fruits and vegetables with minimal oxidation. This greatly improves the amount and quality of your juice.
- Has a wide 3-inch feeder tube that will easily accommodate most of your produce. This greatly lessens the time of preparation.
- The machine is made of only high-grade, anti-oxidation materials that will preserve the nutritious value of your product.
- The product has a limited 2-year warranty for all parts and accessories and 10-year warranty for its main body and motor.
- Measures at 13.2 x 10 x 21.8 inches and weighs around 19.2 pounds.
SKG an affordable juicer that performs like it’s worth a thousand dollars more. It is reliable, economical, and without a doubt a top-rated green juicer.
Super Angel DELUXE Model
Likes: When talking about finesse and beauty, nothing compares to Super Angel Deluxe Model. It can juice almost anything you put into its feeder and will provide you more juice and even better quality.
Dislikes: Although it is a good juicer for leafy greens and hard vegetables, it is expensive. But as some of the customer reviews have mentioned, it is well worth the money.
- Newly improved and upgraded 180 Watt motor with 3 HP of grinding force. It operates at 82 RPM.
- This Triturating juicer uses twin gear of about 8 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
- Materials used are anti-bacterial, FDA approved, stainless steel SUS-304.
- Designed with automatic reverse function to unclog and unjam the machine.
- Operation is automatic that includes a jamming sensor and an automatic heat sensor.
- The product has a warranty of 10 years.
- Measures at 19.5 x 7.75 x 10.5 inches and weighs around 20.8 pounds.
Super Angel is a high quality juicer for greens, made by one of the best brands in the industry. Even with its expensive price, the majority of its customer still has given it a positive review, with a product rating of 86%.
Tribest GSE-5010 Greenstar Elite
Likes: The machine is a beast and is great for juicing kale, wheatgrass, spinach and much other produce. This veggie juicer also is made of mostly stainless steel, which makes it durable than most of its competitors.
Dislikes: Although it may be a good juicer for greens and carrots alike, the machine is somewhat poorly designed in terms of preparation. Parts are a bit hard to clean and feeder tube is quite small that produce needs to be chopped up first.
- Makes use of a Stainless Steel Bio-Ceramic Magnetic Twin Gears to provide a juice that’s greater in quantity and greater in quality.
- Runs at a slow 110 RPM Cold Press juice extraction to minimize oxidation that can significantly lower the quality of your juice.
- Has a polished sleek design that is easy to clean and easy to assemble.
- Includes Homogenizing Accessories that can be used to make nut butter, salsas, pasta noodles, and frozen sorbets.
- The product has a long warranty of 12 years.
- Measures at 18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 inches and weighs around 17.2 pounds.
Just by the reviews alone, Tribest GSE-5010 is undeniably one of the best juicers for the money out on the market. Also, with 12 years warranty, that’s almost a guarantee you’ll have many years of juicing ahead of you.
How to Juice Leafy Greens: Tips
Sooner or later, you’ll find out that juicing leafy greens isn’t as easy as juicing whole fruits and vegetables.
Here’s what you should do:
Once you get a good quality veggie juicer, there’s nothing left but to prep your greens. One way of doing that is to roll the leaves and make a cylinder shape. The juicer would chew up the leaf with ease, and would also fit nicely even with narrow feeding tubes.
Here are some additional tips you should consider:
Sometimes we can’t avoid rushing, especially if we’re too excited with the benefits it offers. There is no denying that taking in greens and fruits are beneficial to our health, but taking them in simultaneously in great amount can lead to nausea.
It is wise that you take them in slowly by starting off with a few leaves. Your body will eventually adapt and sooner than you think, you can drink up to a full glass.
Add some flavor:
You probably already know this but leafy greens usually have a bitter taste. While it is indeed healthy, it becomes this unsatisfying habit of drinking green bitter juice. To make it more tolerable, you can always add sweet-tasting produce such as apples or even carrots.
Make sure your juicer can operate on Leafy Greens:
One of the common mistakes made by beginners is buying the wrong type of juicer for their needs. If you’re planning on juicing more fruits than leafy vegetables, centrifugal can handle the task. But if you’re more interested in juicing leafy greens, masticating juicers are better.