Finally decided to buy a juicer for the family?
Listen to this:
Buying a juicer is definitely a good and healthy choice. But are you willing to spend a little extra and take a little time off your schedule? Having a good juicer and living a healthy lifestyle is easier said than done.
Maintenance can be frustrating when you’re in a rush and may cost you a few dollars here and there. If you do however get one of the top-rated juicer machines out on the market, you may save yourself a lot of frustrations and might even save a little bit of cash.
Best Juicer Machines
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus
- This model is powered by an 850-watt dual-speed motor that can run on low or high speed. It is powerful enough to cut through tough vegetables and fruits.
- It is designed with a safety locking arm and overload protection led to avoid making a mess.
- It has a 3-inch wide feeder that normally produces up to 8oz of juice quickly in just 5 seconds.
- Uses a stainless steel cutting disc with a micro mesh filter to provide 30% more juice in comparison to other models.
- Measures 13.5 x 16.5 x 18.5 inches with a weight of only 12.1 pounds. It also has a 1-liter juice jug.
As seen through the many reviews by customers, it is described as one of the best centrifugal juicers currently available. With its cheap price, speedy process and powerful cutter, you will be juicing your way into a healthy lifestyle with ease.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
Likes: This slow juicer is so powerful that it can turn nut into nut butter. It also yields more juice than the average with its dual-stage process of juicing. To add, it has a 15-year long warranty.
Dislikes: Being a small juicer, the feeder is a bit narrow with a diameter of only 1 inch. To add, it is not recommended to be used for a prolonged period of time as it will likely overheat.
- It has an extremely high juice yield with its dual-process design.
- This product can cut through tough vegetables with a powerful 2 HP motor, running at 80 rpm to avoid easy degradation of the end product.
- It operates on low-noise.
- Made of GE Ultem Auger which is 8 times more durable and stronger than most plastics.
- Measures 14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 and weighs around 17.8 pounds.
If you are looking to purchase a compact juicer that can handle almost anything you put in it, then Omega J8006 might be your best bet. It has the best price among its competitors of masticating juicers and not to mention its mini size.
Champion Juicer G5-PG710
Dislikes: This masticating juicer is a little heavy, and is hard to clean. In its defense, most models have the same issue.
- Its heavy-duty General Electric Motor is packing a good 1/3 of horse power at 540 watt. It can easily make loaves made of veggies, baby foods, and nut butters with the help of a homogenizer.
- The feed tube is 1.75 inches wide in diameter.
- Motor runs cool at a maximum RPM of 1725.
- Measures 17 x 7 x 10 inches and weighs around 23 pounds.
Champion Juicer G5-PG710 is a masticating juicer that has arguably the best price among its competitors. Considering its very high product rating of 88% and over hundreds of positive customer reviews, it is no doubt a good buy.
Tribest GSE-5000 Greenstar Elite
Likes: This cold press juicer is easy to use and is powerful enough to pulverize almost everything you put in it. From juicy fruits to hard vegetables, its stainless steel Bio-Ceramic Magnetic Twin Gears will cut through it with ease.
Dislikes: Although cleaning is a common problem with such devices, this one may take more time off your schedule than we hoped for. Cleanup and setting up is a bit of a hassle.
- Slow 110 Cold Press processing for minimal oxidation and getting higher quantity and better quality juice.
- Homogenizer accessories are included in the package to make your own nut butters, salsas, frozen sorbets, and others.
- It has a 12-year warranty with dedicated customer service to guarantee you many years of juicing.
- It is designed with a Pressure Adjustment Mechanism. This helps you to choose the certain amount of pressure that will be required for pulp ejection avoiding clogs and jamming.
- Can be used for carrots, beets or other hard vegetables and fruits.
- Measures 6.5 x 19 x 12.5 inches and weighs around 24 pounds.
Tribest GSE-5000 is one of the most recommended juicers for leafy greens. According to customer reviews, it is best if you use it as one of your personal juicers and not as a commercial juicer since it takes too long of a time to set and clean it up.
Super Angel Pro Stainless Steel
Likes: Unlike other juicers out there, Super Angel Pro is a twin gear juicer that uses only FDA stainless steel to prevent any plastic toxins that can get contaminate your produce. It also yields more juice than your average masticating juicers.
Dislikes: The cost of this option is a little expensive at around $1,300.
- It has an Anti-Jamming System that adjusts the speed automatically when overloading.
- There is an automatic reverse function that can be helpful when unjamming the machine.
- It has an Automatic Self-Controlling Motor Thermal Sensor and Automatic Cooling System that prevents overheating to avoid damages.
- Made of High Quality FDA approved stainless steel.
- Uses 3 HP Twin Gear Grinding Force that runs at 82 RPM to better preserve nutrients and produce more juice.
- Measures 19.5 x 7.75 x 10.5 inches and weighs around 20.8 pounds.
Super Angel Pro is no doubt one of the best juicers out there with its 86% overall product rating. It is expensive, however, but if budget is no issue, this one would be the one to buy, no questions asked.
Hamilton Beach 67601A
Likes: Hamilton Beach 67601A is one of the cheapest, yet one of the high quality juicers out there. It is also one of the most recommended models to jumpstart your way into a healthy lifestyle.
Dislikes: As with the many centrifugal juicers out there, it is not the best choice for leafy veggies. To add, the machine can be annoyingly loud.
- This model is easy to use and easy to clean with no special tools needed.
- It has a large pulp bin for longer juicing and less cleaning.
- It has a large feeder that doesn’t require pre-cuts which is time-consuming.
- Extracts juice quickly with its powerful 800-watt motor.
- It has over thousands of positive customer reviews that earned the juicer a high 82% product rating.
If you’re planning on getting your first juicer, this is the best juicer for the money you should consider. It is cheap, is a top-rated juicer machine, and it does perform well compared to its leading competitors.
Main Types of Juicers – Difference & Working Principles
Here is something you probably didn’t know:
Juicing is a demanding step to a healthy lifestyle, but by far rewarding than you’ll ever know.
But before diving in into the world of juicers, you should learn its different types. While some are good for fruits, some are good for veggies, especially leafy ones. This will save you the time and money if you are to choose what is best for you and the family.
Masticating (Cold Press) Juicers
These are the most common types of juicers available on the market. They use a slow rotating auger that will crush any produce you put into it, pushing it against a stainless steel mesh. They are designed to run at a slow RPM, around 80-100 for minimal oxidation.
Masticating juicers are great for leafy greens, yielding more juice than the average juicers. What’s more, the end product can be stored for up to 72 hours.
The juicer seems perfect and all, but you should know they generally cost a bit more and will operate slower.
Centrifugal juicers act similarly with a washing machine. It grinds fruits or vegetables through the use of shredder that spins, then pushing them through a strainer while spinning. The pulps usually are disposed of at the back of the juicer.
Unlike Masticating juicers, these are fast and are far cheaper. In fact, these are known to be the fastest juicers and would be the best choice if you’re in a hurry most of the time.
The end product, however, is much lesser and more oxidation occurs, meaning you might want to drink the juice right away. To add, overheating is a common issue with such speed, and you should expect it with this type of juicers.
These types of juicers are a bit similar to masticating juicers. They are slow and a bit expensive. The major difference is that it uses twin gears. These gears will then shred and squeeze fruits and vegetables for their juices.
These are the types that work best when juicing green leafy vegetables, baby food, sorbets or peanut butter. They, however, are not great when juicing softer products such as pineapple and oranges because they don’t have fibrous pulp to push the softer ones out.
If you are into juice making business, a triturating juicer is a must. It is a good vegetable juicer and will yield great results. They are heavy however and will require a bit of time cleaning.
You probably have already guessed it; this juice maker machine uses manpower instead of electricity. They are cheap, eco-friendly, and are super quiet. They are also easy to travel with and are easier to clean.
Since manual juicers use the strength of an individual, getting the most of your fruits or vegetables can be a hassle, especially with ones with hard outer shells. That being said, it can be tiresome and will take more time than electric-powered ones.
A citrus juicer also falls into this category. Also known as a fruit juicer, they are made especially for fruits. These types of juicers can be a good trial for beginners.
Hydraulic Press Juicers
If you’re in it for the long run, this juicing machine is the right way to go. They are powerful and said to be the best extractor of them all. The end product is pure juice and no pulp or foam. Vitamins intact and almost zero oxidation.
What makes it the best juicer is its capability to juice almost all types of fruit and vegetable. It can also be used to make baby food, sorbets, and nut butter.
What makes these types not so popular is its crazily expensive price at over $2,000. They are generally designed big and thus hard to clean. Finally, it is not that easy to use.
Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Juicer
Why the sudden urge to buy a juicer of your own?
Whatever the case is, there are a lot of things to consider before choosing the best juicer to buy.
Depending on your purpose, picking the right juicer can be critical. When on a diet or simply want to stay fit and healthy, a lot of options can be offered to you. However, if you’re in a difficult situation such as dealing with cancer, get higher quality juicers that yield the best results.
Not all cheap juicers are the worst kind, and not all expensive ones are of good quality. With a simple and quick search of the review and rating, you can get the most out of your budget. There are thousands of juicers out there and one of them will surely be affordable to you.
Some are designed for home use, while some are designed for commercial use. You might want to know the weight and measurements of juicers you’re getting to at least fit them nicely in your kitchen or counter.
Juicing can be any time of the day and that includes during night time. You should consider getting the quitter ones as not wake the whole family up.
Ask yourself if you have all the time in the world to set up your ingredients and clean up afterwards. Although a top juicer extractor can yield higher quality, it is somewhat slow and will mess up your time schedule. Get a juicer that can give you a quick juice and one that requires a quick clean.
With all the different vegetables and fruits that you put into a juicer, some of them may require stronger power. Make sure the juicer you’re planning on getting can crush, grind, and juice the certain type of produce you want.
Some juicers feature variable speeds that can help the machine to operate better. They change their speed in accordance to what type of product you are putting into the juicer. Their main function is efficiency, extracting the most of the product with a minimal waste.
There are many uses for pulp collector. One is obviously to collect the pulps and not make a mess. One other use is for you to get a hold of the pulp when you need the fibers that are left out. You probably already know this but fibers do have nutrients in them that aren’t extracted.
Additional Features & Accessories
Extra features and accessories are well and good but make sure they are really helpful to the cause. Some juicers offer a useless feature that adds only to its cost, while some are helpful such as including homogenizer with your purchase.
Last but not least, manufacturer’s warranty is always a must-know. Learn how many years are they offering since breakage and repairs are common over long periods of time. It would definitely be a big plus if you’ll be warranted many years of juicing.